Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Be the Match!

Do you know how easy it is to be a bone marrow doner these days?  I didn't, until a co-worker's son did it, and I learned all about it.  Waning are the days of painful injections into your hip bone.  Now it's more like a mega-blood donation.  No sedation!

Also, it's super easy to get on the registry.  Just go to www.bethematch.org, and give them some information.  If you qualify, they send you a kit and you send them back some cheek DNA.

Here's my kit, ready to send back.
Cheeky!

It was easy too.  Just swab the inside of your mouth, put a bar code label on the stick, and secure it in the foam bit.  Then do the next one.  It was kind of like a little craft project, and you all know how I love craft projects!

Go!  Do it now!  It's really such a small inconvenience to save someone's life.  I hope I get a call.

0 comments: